- This event has passed.
Y5/6 Sitting Volleyball
November 15, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 amFree
Sitting Volleyball is for Years 5-6 and aimed at beginners. Half of each team are SEND players (Special Educational Needs and Disability). This is a fun, inclusive event that’s ideal for new players wanting to try out an exciting new sport.
This is an entry level event, aimed at beginners and players new to the game, rather
than an opportunity for advanced players already competing regularly outside of school.
TEAM ON THE DAY – Year 5/6
Minimum: 6 (minimum of 3 SEND players) Maximum: 8 (minimum of 4 SEND players) ONE TEAM ENTRY PER SCHOOL (if undersubscribed, then additional teams will be allowed – contact SGO)
Court sizes will be 9m x 5.18m (appox badminton court). Net will be set at 1 metre height.
• Official Volleyball England Sitting Volleyball Starter Balls will be used
SPORT SPECIFIC RULES
1. Players must keep a part of their body between the buttocks and shoulder in contact with the floor when playing
2. There must be six players on court at all times. MINIMUM of 3 SEND players on court at one time.
3. Players can play the ball with any part of their body.
4. When serving a player must be positioned at the back of the court and their buttocks must not touch the court,
however the servers feet, legs or hands may touch the court.
5. Players can serve underarm, over arm or throw the ball into play.
6. Players have two attempts to serve.
7. The team that wins the rally wins the point, they then serve the next point. If they lose that point the opposing
8. A point is scored after every serve.
9. A team rotates their position clockwise when they regain the serve.
10. The ball must go over the net on the third touch at the latest. Players cannot make two consecutive touches.
11. Additional notices:
11.1. One 30 second time out is allowed per team per set.
11.2. If the ball hits the boundary line it is in
11.3. A block is not counted as a touch – the team still has three touches.
11.4. Play will contiue if a ball hits the net and goes over, including the serve.
11.5. Players are not allowed to pull the net.
12. The Competition Director reserves the right to suspend/cancel the event where required by u
• Team Managers can make up to 2 subsitutions per match after completion of a set,
substitutions cannot be made for a tie break.
London Youth Games Finals for this event will be held in July 2020 (venue TBC)