Vision, Mission and Objectives
‘Supporting our community to make healthy choices so that they lead long, healthy & active lives’
'To inspire, lead, educate and support the delivery of sustainable, tailored programmes, empowering adults and children to increase participation in healthy activities.'
Ensure sustainability of partnership through increased engagement and evolving support offer.
- Focus on increased marketing of the partnership using social media, newsletter, website.
- Explore additional funding avenues
- Explore and develop additional professional development opportunities such as Brick-by-Brick programme, MHFA, Mind -Up, SLUK/afPE Qualifications
Improve the quality of PE, Physical Activity & Sport delivery.
- Continued support to all staff in Sutton schools and beyond for curriculum Physical Education, through 1-2-1, model lessons, team teaching, twilight sessions and Insets using market-leading approaches.
- Develop ability for schools and the partnership to measure and quality assure teaching and learning to ensure High Quality experiences for all our young people.
Increase participation in PA, PE & Sport.
- Encourage schools to provide opportunities for their children to participate in at least 30 active minutes every day by providing them with resources and ideas to use across the curriculum.
- Assist schools with provision of Intra activities across the school
- Increase physical activity opportunities for KS1 pupils.
- Encourage Active Travel
- Provide a full programme of competitive opportunities
HEALTH & WELLBEING
Deliver physical & mental health programmes to contribute to improved health & wellbeing of young people.
- Deliver MHFA training
- Continue to support schools to review their Healthy Schools Provision and gain appropriate recognition through Healthy Schools London
- Develop our new Healthy Heroes programme to reinforce the link between physical activity and mental health and wellbeing
- Keep up to date with local, regional and national initiatives, collaborating and promoting where appropriate.
- Assist schools to comply with statutory guidance on PSHE provision and direct to appropriate resources
- Assist schools to develop new whole school health and wellbeing offer
Develop further opportunities for our community through further collaboration with external partners.
- Engage with new teaching school hubs, school trusts and the wider community to deliver training and support.
- Engage with the London Borough of Sutton, London Sport and other key stakeholders to provide a broad range of opportunities for all schools.
View our KEY PARTNERS HERE