Sutton SSP offer leadership training courses during the autumn and summer term schools for pupils in Y5 or Y6. These sessions last for 2 ½ hours and cover basic leadership skills, games to practice communication techniques and culminate in leaders practicing their newly found skills on a younger cohort of pupils.
The training is usually most successful when a host school accommodates a number of other schools into the session, thus providing a different environment to the familiarity of their usual class setting. These newly trained leaders are now set up to be your School Organising Crew (SOC) for the year to provide an outlet for pupil voice and ownership and involvement in the development of events in your school.
As suggested by the School Games offer, specific tasks the SOC could undertake include:
- Assist with Sports Days
- Assist with After school clubs
- Organise lunchtime activities and games with younger age groups
- Assist or run Change for Life Clubs for targeted young people
- Update School Games Board ( PE notice boards ) with photos, club information, fixture information, match reports, Change for Life club reports etc
- Report to Senior Leadership Team
- Canvas opinions about things such as kit, types of activities etc
- Blog on school website and the School Games website
- Write articles for the school newsletter
Click here for costs of Junior Supremo courses
If you would like to offer to host a Junior Supremo Session contact